Should you have any further questions related to the tour or our services that are not covered here, please do not hesitate to contact us.
All Guides hold official Laos guide licenses, foreign staff are registered with Laos authorities and hold work permits. All documents are available for scrutiny at head office in Luang Prabang.
If you are really adventurous we can incorporate both motorcycle and other adventure tour packages to suit your needs.
We are not a motorcycle hire company or a motocross company. Therefore all our packages are guided tours with local guides who are more than willing and capable to show you their beautiful country.
We do believe that our arranged tours cater for most needs. If there is something specific that you want to incorporate in your tour, by all means speak to us and we will gladly try and accommodate your wishes.
Once the tour starts it will be very hard to change it mainly due to having to book accommodation in advance. If we cancel, we still have to pay…but should you decide you would like to change along the way this can be arranged at your expense.
Our goal is to make your time riding in Laos as epic as possible.
We do however recommend that you have ridden a motorcycle with gears before (not just a semi automatic or automatic moto.) and preferably also done a bit of dirt road or dirt track riding. However the speed of the tour will be as fast as the slowest rider.
We do recommend that when booking you take this into account as it can be very unpleasant if you do choose a harder ride and then discover it is too hard for you.
We are often asked about the rainy season. If you don’t mind a bit of mud and getting a bit wet, this season, the green season in Laos, brings so much fun and adventure you would otherwise miss out on. The green season is not rainy every day and all day. The landscape has a completely different feel, colour, smell and if you get a bit too much along the way…the routes will be adjusted accordingly.
Lao food has a wide range of specialties that you should try, but if you are not an adventurous eater then it is better stick to noodle soups and crackers.
Places like Luang Prabang, Luang Namtha and Nong Khiaw, Vang Vieng all support a good range of western food, should you feel like it.
Some of our motor bike tours in northern Laos involve staying in remote villages with no restaurants at all. During these days we will arrange for a family to prepare a meal for us.
Wherever possible we book comfortable en-suite hotels with air conditioning and hot water showers. Once we get into the more remote areas where hotels are unavailable we use clean, welcoming and friendly village home stays and guesthouses.
For some of the more adventurous riders out there we can even arrange a night out in the jungle either in a hammock or a tree tent.
– Professional tour guide
– Motorbike: Honda CRF 250L or Honda XR250
– All meals as per the selected itinerary and your water and soft drinks during the tour.
– All entrance fees to sites that are visited
– All toll fees and ferry crossing fees etc.
– All police taxes and local permission fees.
– Accommodation in either a guesthouse or home stays whilst on tours longer than a day.
– Third person insurance such as waterfalls etc.
– All protective riding equipments helmet, mask, gloves, boots, jacket etc.
– If needed we can provide a Dry bag for your luggage. However a 30l or 40l day pack is sufficient for most of our tours.
Tour Rates Exclude:
– All your personal expenses.
– All expenses coming to Laos and all accommodation etc. before and after the tour.
– Riding pants are excluded due to health reasons. We recommend you either bring your own riding pants or a pair of jeans for riding.
– Your persona/travel insurance!! All tours are undertaken at your own risk!! (Please ensure that your insurance covers motorcycle travel and evacuation)
– Any damages to motorcycle are not covered. These are for your costs. (Unfortunately there is no insurance here to cover this)
– All meals not mentioned in the tour itinerary and alcoholic drinks.
- Long-sleeved Shirt
- Body Armour
- Walking shoes
- T-Shirts / Long-sleeved Shirts
- Socks & Underwear
- Jeans / Pants
- Light Jacket / Sweater
- Rain Jacket
- Dry Bag
- Swimming Trunks
- 30-40L Daypack
- Basic toiletries
- Emergency cash
- Small towel
- Waterproof cover
- Plastic bags
- Camelback Hydration Kit
- Journal / Notebook
- Gifts for children
NOTE: You have to carry all items yourself, unless you book a support vehicle. We can provide riding gear for you if necessary. You will be able to use the laundry service if you stay more than one night.